Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Killing of Osama

Aha! People on the campus of Wittenberg University are talking about the U.S.'s assult on Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. For once students are talking about politics. Which brings me back to my earlier blog I wrote earlier. College students do an awful job following politics and getting involved for what they believe in. It must end.  If President Obama was not elected Osama Bin Laden would still be continuing to plot terrorist attacks in the United States. This effects everyone if you think about it or not. In New York, on that awful day 10 years ago, I had a cousin who was on the 76th floor of World Trade Center tower #2. I was very lucky she made it out of the towers and was able to make it to safety after she saw what happened to the first tower. But finally to those that were killed, which was nearly 3,000, closure has finally come. This day effected everyone some how or another.

With the death of Bin Laden, no longer are Americans at risk of as much as they were before of being attacked. Americans are much more safe because of what President Obama's administration was able to do. When I saw student's reactions on facebook (I wasn't able to post anything since my loving grandfather passed away.), I didn't believe we had found Bin Laden. I was equally more impressed by how students saw the news and were watching the news coverage of it happening.

I say USA! USA! USA!! Peace has finally come to our country! Witt students were excited about the news, now they need to get active in other controversial issues and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment