Friday, May 13, 2011

Practicial Information

I understand we go to college to get educated. But I think college should be more about practical learning and how to gain skills for a particular career. I say this because so many people are walking into the work field not knowing career skills. They know a lot about different subjects like history, and math, and politics. That is great, but that isn't going to fly for careers. Yes they want you to know things, but that isn't going to help you in a career. So, I believe college should go more towards practical vocational education compared to learning about a specific topic. I also ask myself why do people study Political Science? I love politics myself. Anyone that is around me knows I know everything happening in politics and I have opinions about them. I have taken a few courses about government and politics at Wittenberg, but I wasn't a major because I don't see what you can do with it. All you can do is go to law school. That is wonderful, but it isn't helping you prepare for your career. These days you need to find a major that has practical learning abilities and a major that will guarantee you a job.Don't just study something because, "I'm interested in it, and it sound cool." Ok, when you are looking for a job, it's going to be hard for you because you weren't learning the practical tools for that career you might be looking at going into.

That is something we all need to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment