Friday, May 13, 2011

Progress as a journalist

I have taken eight different journalism courses while at Wittenberg University. When I first came to Witt, I didn't even know how to write a news lead. I have improved so far on that. I didn't even know how to write a news article. Now I feel much more confident about what I need to do in the future when I write a news article. I want to improve my organization of how I write a story moving forward. That is the only thing I feel like I need to improve on.

I have taken a variety of courses from law of journalism, media literacy, making news, interviewing, media & politics, broadcast news, beginning journalism, advanced news writing. All of these courses will help me understand the field of journalism as I grow as a journalist in the future. I think that Witt's journalism program is really going far. I think the fact they encourage you to do an internship for credit towards the program is a great thing. The courses really make you diverse in the field. You need to do internships in this field most of all. I''m about to do my fourth internship this summer. Those internships are key to the news broadcast industry. I feel like I understand broadcast journalism from the internships I've done, and print and the media industry from all of the course work I've done while as a student at Wittenberg- and I believe that is how you focus on a career and learn to be a journalist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment