Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tornado warning

This morning I woke up, and finished homework from last night. I was running late to my class. But as I was leaving I got a text alert saying, "Tornado Warning in Clark County" head to the lowest possible ground. I wasn't sure if I should go to my class at 10:20 or actually follow the text. Knowing that I actually do care about my life, I headed to lower grounds, and realized that missing class in this situation is okay if class was still on.

I've heard people at Wittenberg talk about how we have a bad way of handeling tornado warnings. I'm not sure why students think this. If there is a tornado just go to the lower ground. That's all there is to it...why does there need to be a system in place to make that happen. You are an adult, you know what to do. This isn't the 1st grade.

Tornado warnings are no joke. If there is a tornado, it must be taken seriously. I understand people believe the chances of a tornado hitting are slim, which is true. Although, the events that have happened in the last week, where over 70 people have been killed by tornados, is a scary situation for someone to consider a joke. Those people in the south, didn't think it would happen to them either but it did. It destroyed lives, it destroyed people's homes. It is better to go to lower shelter than to be sorry about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment