Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow days

So, I woke up throughout the night on Monday night. I looked outside and checked the weather conditions. The sidewalks, my car, everything was so icy. I didn't think we'd have class, but also knowing that I'm in college, you never know if a university will close. The Ohio State University didn't even close- and I was not expecting us to close either when I saw they were planning to be open. But we closed!

Tuesday night- the same thing. Except it turned into rain over night- so I really thought we would have class- but it all worked out and we were closed again.

But I'd like to understand why Thursday? I understand the sidewalks were really bad... but in Columbus all the side walks were awful, the city schools were back in session. I thought it was interesting that Wittenberg was closed and all the schools in Columbus were open. That never happens. It also never happens that Wittenberg has 3 snow days in a row.

But my question is: why did it take forever to remove the ice of the sidewalks compared to other universities and schools?

I loved the snow days not complaining...and want more to come again soon.

1 comment:

  1. It was ridiculous hos long it took. I went ice skating on Alumni Way on Thursday. There is no reason it should have taken that long!

    ReplyDelete